Wednesday, March 30, 2011

twaddle II


I was at Barnes and Noble the other evening as was horrified/appalled to find this new section/genre of books. Yes, due north of "New Teen Fantasy and Adventure" is "New Teen Paranormal Romance." Seriously? This is a genre. The fact that there are enough books out there to fill a shelf entitled "Paranormal Romance" is one thing, but the fact that these are marketed for teens in a whole other issue--and a ghastly one at that. I don't even want to think about what Charlotte Mason would have to say about these twaddly texts. The teacher in me wanted to destroy those book and fill the empty shelves with Barnes and Noble Classics, but I remained composed enough to leave without making a scene. But seriously? New Teen Paranormal Romance? Seriously?

1 comment:

  1. I love when you get worked up. This was worth getting ruffled over.

    ReplyDelete