Monday, March 28, 2011

a few funny ones

One male student when learning about the expansion of voting rights in the late 1800s: "Could women dress up as men to vote? I would have done that if I was a lady."
- I don't know why that was so hilarious to me, but it was. And I appreciate his shout out to the ladies.

When asked why she did not complete her homework for my class, one student replied, "I did everyone else's; I just didn't do yours."
- As if that was supposed to make me feel better. That one is really more sad than funny, but oh well.

I was preparing the seventh graders for their upcoming Texas history trip when one student exclaimed in horror, "Wait! We have to learn?!"
- As if that was the most painful thing in the world. I could not contain my laughter on that one.

Me, stopping an altercation on the rise: "What is going on?"
Student A replies, "I just told him I loved him like a brother in Christ."
Student B in the most sincerest manner an middle school boy can muster, "Can I please move seats?"

Bonus on Civil War history test: What was the name of Robert E. Lee's horse?
One choice answer I got: Seabiscuit
Correct answer: Traveler
- I console myself by being reminded that this was only a bonus ans at least it was the name of a real horse.

(My apologies for the long absence from the cyber world. I shall try in the future to make my posts more regular. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment