Tuesday, August 24, 2010

funny quotes from years gone by (part 2)

In anticipation of a new school year, a fresh start, and a whole host of even more hilariously funny comments and/or questions, I would love to share a few more laughs from the past.

After passing a rather elaborate fountain in Highland Park, one student exclaimed, "The only time I see this much water in my neighborhood is when a pipe busts."

Upset about having to play another basketball game, student: "I'm bringing my Z game" (as opposed to his A game for those who are not up with the lingo).

Advice from an recent graduate about high school: "Depending on how old your teacher is, if they give you homework, you might want to do it. Because if she is old, she might give you a detention."

Impersonating Martin Luther King Jr.

After studying the ratification of the constitution and how Rhode Island was the last to sign on even after the Constitution was ratified, one student proclaimed his innocence in a notorious water fountain debacle like this: "I'm Rhode Island! I didn't do anything."

A seventh grader asking to go on the eighth grade DC trip: "Can I go? I can be a pet. I won't have to take a shower!"

Me on the Texas History Trip: "Come on guys. Walk faster!"
Student: "With or without swag?"

After asking a student why she decided that eating a leaf at the Alamo was a good idea, Student: "Well, I have eaten a leaf before at school."

Study Hall shenanigans (which were not endorsed by me, for the record)

No comments:

Post a Comment