Thursday, July 29, 2010

jackpot

I love a good sale. For me the story of the find and the bargain is all the fun of shopping. This is a great season for sales as stores are clearing out summer merchandise but it is still blooming hot outside. Here are some of my recent finds.

From Ann Taylor Loft: Maxi Dress was originally $128 and I got it for $29.99 (the steal of the century), metallic brocade skirt was $9.88 on final sale, coral top (perfect for school) was $14.99, and purple dress was $59.99 (not quite a steal but super cute)

I also got this darling top at Ann Taylor Loft for $24. Did I mention how much I love Ann Taylor Loft? It's an addiction.

From J. Crew: These darling ballet flats were originally $128 marked down to $49.99 with at additional 30% off. So I paid $35--another steal and perfect for school. The rest I found at the J. Crew in Omaha, NE, which is the best kept secret in the Midwest. Since most residents of Nebraska are generally not the most fashion-forward (my mom and sisters excluded, of course), the J. Crew in Omaha is a veritable treasure trove of great deals. All the good stuff actually gets marked down and in normal sizes--it's amazing. I got the grey top for for $20, the pink and purple top for $8, and the coral linen skirt (which is my new summer staple) for $16.

The next bargain I want to snatch up is this darling upholstered headboard from Sears, of all places. I love the tufted back and the wing-back style. At $500, this is a great deal but over my normal $25 budget for great deals. . . sigh. I will have to see what I can do.

3 comments:

  1. HELLO, MAKE IT! Call me, I'll help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking for a headboard just like that! I've decided I want more softness in my life, and less hard wood! If you find one for a better deal, let me know!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, if while you're shopping you see a long maxi dress on sale that would be cool, and hopefully has some sleeves, buy it for me!! I'll pay you back and would love you forever (not that I don't already do that). love ya!

    ReplyDelete