Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Today. . .

I woke up 10 minutes before I was supposed to be at work because I forgot to set my alarm last night.

I taught 2 classes before having coffee. Decaffeinated teaching is not to be advised (especially in May).

I had a boy ask to borrow my scarf and my yellow patent leather skinny belt. Question mark--I have no response to that. But I did have several kids compliment my shoes.

I had 75% of my class decide to come in without their homework--Not Ok.

I got rather disappointed when my kids did not love the very awesome court scene in The Merchant of Venice as much as I do. It is amazing! And they missed out hardcore.

I derived the Quadratic Formula for the second time this week.

I did a little dance in the teacher workroom when I found out their were ice cream bars in the freezer for us.

I dispel some major middle school drama by convincing a girl that violence was not the answer when her friend may or may not have looked at her funny across the room and may or may not be "talking about her behind her back". We read Romans 12: "As far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. . . When your enemy is hungry, feed him. When he is thirsty, give him something to drink." Her response: "But that is hard. I just want to wring her neck."

I had a student offer to pay me for some homemade chocolate chip cookies.

I took off my shoes so that I could jump rope with the 7th and 8th graders at lunch.

(Sigh) What a day.

2 comments:

  1. I would pay you too for some of your cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite posts. It seems to capture the fast-paced and full days of a teacher with whimsey. Love it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete