Monday, May 2, 2011

teacher accessories


Above are some of the tools of a teacher's trade which I do not think are employed in any other professions.

1. A Whistle: This is used mostly in the physical education department. I resisted acquiring one of these for many years under the misconception that whistles were for lower school teachers, coaches, and animals. Boy was I wrong! The whistle is an essential part of getting the attention of many students especially out of doors. I I only use mine when we go outside after lunch but have frequently been caught wearing it around long after it is needed. I have even made it all the way to Target with it on after work. Not a good look outside of the classroom.

2. Red Pencils/Pens: I have these on me at all times when an editing hand is needed or in case some papers in need of grading come to the surface. I rely on them daily and love it.

3. An Attendance book: We are still old school and fill out and turn in these little green books everyday. I secretly love this no-nonsense activity. I wish that other professional could share this small joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment