Thursday, April 8, 2010

One-Liners (almost)

Here are a few of the humorous things that have been said in my classroom over the past several weeks.

After a presentation on Ida B. Wells (who attended Fisk University).
Student A: "She attended Frisky University?"

About an upcoming history quiz
Student B (who coincidentally is African American): "What is on the quiz, Mrs. Freeman?"
Me: "The quiz covers the Gilded Age reformers we have gone over in class like Jane Addams, Susan B. Anthony, Booker T. Washington, and W. E. B. DuBois."
Student B: "Oh, it's about black people. I'll be fine."

In Class
Me (to student): "Did you write down these notes?"
Student C: "No."
Me: "Then why don't you get started and copy them down into your spiral?"
Student C: "Psych. I wrote them down already."
Me: Raising the white flag in my head

2 comments:

  1. these kids should take up comedy on the side..psych!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Oh, it's about black people. I'll be fine." STOP! I can't laugh this much all in one night...I'm going to miss them!!!!!!!

    You and I need to go on a surprise school visit to see each of them next year and bring "the park".

    ReplyDelete