Wednesday, December 16, 2009


If you have not read any Charles Dickens lately, I highly recommend it. A year or two ago, Masterpiece Theater did a whole season's worth of adaptations of Dickens' novels. Barrett and I were hooked. It all started with Bleak House--an amazing series--and continued with Oliver Twist, Little Dorritt, and David Copperfield, and others. After watching all these movies and becoming fascinated with the rich, complex stories, I made an effort to start reading Dickens. I remember reading him a little in high school but not not loving it. I read Oliver Twist, and became obsessed. After reading Dickens, anything else I pick up to read feels like trash and a waste of time. He is truly one of the best writers of the English language. . . in my opinion at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment