Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Middle School Humor

Middle school students get a bad rap for their sense of humor or lack thereof. While I am not amused by most of the stupid things that my students think are hilarious, there are moments when they do/say some very funny things. Other times, I am amused that they think this stuff is actually funny. I honestly believe that junior high is a very unique time when children are developing a real sense of humor, and at that time, they seem to have a sense of humor that only people between ages of 12 and 14 share. Here is a recent collection of a few of the funnier things my middle school-ers have said/done.

Joke 1
Q: What type of animal should you never play cards with?
A: A cheetah

Below is a list of homework assignments that a student left on the board for his classmates. Notice that there is homework in absolutely every subject including PE, music, and art. This was really hilarious!

Joke 2
Q: What has two banks and no money?
A: A river

Today the girls put their jackets on backwards when they went outside to play. They were amazed at how fashion-forward they could be. Then they put their hoods over their faces while they were swinging. The effect was apparently pretty scary and fun since they started screaming.

Joke 3 (My personal favorite)
Q: What does a grammarian call Santa's little helpers?
A: Subordinate Clauses

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making me laugh as I step out the door to face these same middle schoolers today!

    ReplyDelete